MIAMI (CBSMiami) — ‘Tis the season of eating, but are you looking for a healthier option this holiday?
CBS4 News Anchor Eliott Rodriguez has the perfect recipe for you!
His honey-jalapeno Brussels sprouts are sure to be a new holiday favorite. They are delicious and very easy to make.
- 1 bag of Brussels Sprouts
- 8 oz of Honey
- 1 tablespoon of Jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Black Peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- Cut the end of the Brussels sprouts and remove any bad leaves.
- Then cut the Brussels sprouts in half.
- Sear Brussels sprouts in a pan until golden brown and tender. Then remove from the hot pan.
- Combine all other ingredients in a pot and bring to a low simmer
- Let simmer for 10 minutes, and then turn off the heat. Allow it to cool until room temperature.
- When the honey is cool enough, strain the honey mixture to remove jalapeno pieces and peppercorn
- Once strained, pour over seared Brussels sprouts or save for later use.