Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter

MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) – Records released by prosecutors reveal that Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz trespassed on school grounds about six months before the massacre that left 17 dead.

A Parkland computer science teacher says she saw Cruz on the first day of school in August 2017, carrying a backpack and hanging with other students as if he were one of them. He was kicked out of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School the previous year. Sandra Rennie’s interview was released by prosecutors Friday.

She said Cruz told her he was a student again and she welcomed him back, but immediately asked an administrator whether he was in her classes. She said the administrator left to escort him off school grounds.

Rennie had previously taught Cruz. She said he once became angry because the school computer prevented him from researching different types of hunting guns.

(© Copyright 2018 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s