MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Several more warnings have been posted for the Windward Islands as a tropical disturbance heads their way.
At 11 a.m. the center of the system was about 325 miles east-southeast of Trinidad. Packing maximum sustained winds of 40 mph it was moving to the west at about 25 mph.
The government of Venezuela has issued a Tropical Storm Warning for the east coast of Venezuela from Pedernales to Cumana including Isla de Margarita.
The government of the Netherlands has issued a Tropical Storm Watch for Bonaire.
The government of St. Vincent and the Grenadine Islands has discontinued the Tropical Storm Warning for that country.
The government of Aruba has issued a Tropical Storm Watch for that country.
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for…
* Venezuela from Pedernales to Cumana including Isla de Margarita
A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for…
On the forecast track, the disturbance is expected to move through the Windward Islands and near the eastern coast of Venezuela tonight and early Tuesday.
Some strengthening is expected during the next 48 hours, and the disturbance is forecast to be a tropical storm when it moves through the Windward Islands and eastern Venezuela.
- Click here for ways to prepare yourself for an impending storm from our Hurricane Preps page
- Click here for latest news surrounding hurricanes and the National Hurricane Center
- Click here to see all of the latest maps when a storm forms in the Atlantic
- Click here to download the CBS4 2017 Hurricane Guide (English)
- Click here for Live Weather Blog
- Download the CBS4 Weather App Here