In an alternate yet familiar past, in a place where wonders abound for those who trust their imagination, a Seeker discovers that in order to glimpse the marvels that lie just below the surface, we must first learn to close our eyes. In his larger-than-life curio cabinet, the Seeker is convinced that there exists a hidden, invisible world – a place where the craziest ideas and the grandest dreams await. A collection of otherworldly characters suddenly steps into his makeshift mechanical world. When the outlandish, benevolent characters turn his world upside down with a touch of poetry and humor in an attempt to ignite the Seeker’s imagination, his curios jump to life one by one before his very eyes.
What if by engaging our imagination and opening our minds we could unlock the door to a world of wonders?READ MORE: Workers Rescued From Partially Collapsed Scaffold In Hallandale Beach
ABOUT THE SHOW
KURIOS™ – Cabinet of Curiosities is Cirque du Soleil’s 35th production since 1984.
Cabinets of curiosities are the ancestors of museums, also known as cabinet of wonder in the Renaissance Europe. Aristocrats, members of the merchant class and early practitioners of science formed collections of historical relics, works of art or mysterious travel souvenirs or artefacts.READ MORE: FIU's Dr. Aileen Marty On Omicron Variant: 'It Looks Like It's Going To Be Very Significantly Virulent And Very Transmissible'
KURIOS™ – Cabinet of Curiosities has a cast of 46 artists from 15 different countries. About 60% of the artists have already worked with Cirque du Soleil before.
10 CURIOUS FACTS ABOUT THE SHOW
- To make the Accordion Man’s attire, the costume-maker spent an entire week sewing inside the costume.
- Antanina Satsura, the artist who plays Mini Lili, is 3.2 feet tall and weighs 50 pounds. She is one of the 10 smallest people in the world.
- The mechanical hand weighs 750 pounds and measures 15 feet by 6.8 feet.
- More than a hundred costumes were created to dress the cast of KURIOS.
- There are 426 props in the show, the most of any production in Cirque du Soleil’s history.
- Some 65 trucks transport close to 2,000 tons of equipment for KURIOS™ – Cabinet of Curiosities.
- The 114 tour members come from 23 different countries. Some have been touring with Cirque du Soleil for more than 20 years.
- This is the first time that Cirque du Soleil presents a welcoming act on top of the big top before the show starts. When weather permits, 3 artists climb up the big top and greet the guests from above while playing music and acting. Guests get a taste of the KURIOS experience as soon as they enter the site.
- It took the team of props makers approximately 250 hours to build Mr. Microcosmos’ round belly.
- All performers are responsible for applying their own make-up every show, which can take them between 40 minutes to two hours.
KURIOS – Cabinet of Curiosities will be performing under the iconic blue-and-yellow Big Top next to the Hard Rock Stadium beginning December 10, 2016 through January 29th 2017. Tickets range in price from $39 – $160 and are available by visiting www.cirquedusoleil.com/kurios or calling 1-877-9 CIRQUE (1-877-924-7783).MORE NEWS: Local Leaders Recognize Surfside First Responders
Above content provided by CIRQUE DU SOLEIL.