MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Hurricane Nicole has strengthened as it takes aim on Bermuda.READ MORE: February Trial Scheduled In Florida 'Don't Say Gay' Law Fight
At 4:30 p.m. the center of the storm was 240 miles south-southwest of Bermuda.
Nicole is moving toward the north near 10 mph. A turn toward the north-northeast and an increase in forward speed are expected tonight. A northeast turn with an additional increase in forward speed is forecast on Thursday.READ MORE: Davie Man Claims Million Dollar Prize In Florida Lottery Scratch Off Game
On the forecast track, the core of Hurricane Nicole will pass near or over Bermuda on Thursday.
Maximum sustained winds have increased to near 110 mph with higher gusts. Hurricane-force winds extend outward up to 45 miles from the center and tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 160 miles.MORE NEWS: There's No Business Like Shoe Business & The High End Sneaker Business Is Booming
A Hurricane Warning is in effect for:
- Click here for ways to prepare yourself for an impending storm from the CBSMiami.com Hurricane Preps page
- Click here for the latest news surrounding hurricanes and the National Hurricane Center
- Click here to see all of the latest maps when a storm forms in the Atlantic
- Click here to download the CBS4 2016 Hurricane Guide (English)
- Click here to download the CBS4 2016 Hurricane Guide (Spanish)
- Click here for Live Weather Blog
- Download CBS4 Weather App Here