MIAMI (CBSMiami) — The Miami Heat says Chris Bosh will not join the team in Atlanta for a game on Friday.READ MORE: Florida's Most Popular Halloween Candy Is....?
The team released a statement on the matter Wednesday afternoon saying, he would also not be joining the team for practice.
On Tuesday, the team was dealt some devastating news.
Multiple reports, including a live interview with Sun-Sentinel Heat beat writer Ira Winderman and the Miami Herald’s Manny Navarro on 560 WQAM, said that All-Star forward is dealing with another blood clot in his leg and has been placed on blood thinners to combat the clot.
If doctors have elected to place Bosh on blood thinners, it would result in 3-6 months without contact. Meaning he would miss the remainder of the 2015-16 season.READ MORE: Doctor Accused Of Hoarding Dead Kittens In Her Freezer
The Heat are 29-24 so far this season – good for second place in the Southeast division and fifth place in the Eastern conference.
Bosh’s agent, Henry Thomas, told The Miami Herald that it was “too soon” to say that Bosh definitely has another blood clot. The newspaper said that the blood clot was not life-threatening.
Bosh, 31, did not participate in this past weekend’s NBA All-Star festivities due to what was being called a calf strain; but it was later determined that the injury was related to another blood-clot issue, according to reports.
The 11-time All-Star missed the final 30 games of the 2014-15 season after blood clots were found in his lungs.MORE NEWS: Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa: 'I Don't Not Feel Wanted'