Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The Miami Dolphins are doing something that no other NFL franchise has done before.
The Dolphins will host cheerleader auditions in Buenos Aires, Argentina; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Bogota, Colombia and Mexico City, Mexico.
It’s the first time that an NFL team has hosted multiple international cheerleader auditions.
“Miami is the gateway to Latin America and the Miami Dolphins are a global brand. We are excited to combine the beauty we have in South Florida with the ladies we meet in Latin America in hopes of forming a truly international squad,” Miami Dolphins Senior Director of Entertainment & Brand Impact Dorie Grogan said.
The ladies must be at least 18 years old by May 1st and graduates of high school by June 1st with a valid passport for travel.
Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders have traveled to more than 30 countries on five continents over the past decade.
They are on the sidelines for all Dolphins home games while being very active in the community.
The dates for the auditions are as follows:
- March 3rd – JW Marriott Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- March 6th – Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel y Centro de Convenciones, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- March 12th – (location to be determined), Mexico City, Mexico.
- April 2nd – Four Points by Sheraton, Bogota, Colombia.
- April 23rd – Doctors Hospital Training Facility, Davie, Florida.
A select group of ladies will be chosen to participate in the final auditions which will take place at Nova Southeastern University on May 1st.