MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) — Worldwide, Miami Beach is the third most expensive destination to celebrate New Year’s Eve, according to a new survey.READ MORE: Florida Tourism Improves In Early 2021 But Still Struggles Due To Pandemic
The survey by Cheaphotels.org looked at rates from hotels with a central location, rated at least 3 stars and those with positive ratings around the world from December 30, 2015 to January 2, 2016.
What they found was, those staying in a hotel would pay $286 per night for an “affordable” room. Keep in mind the word “affordable” because at that rate, the price has already been hiked up nearly 300 percent, the survey found.
Cancun and Dubai were the only destinations that beat out Miami Beach.READ MORE: Rep. Matt Gaetz Associate Joel Greenberg Pleads Guilty To Sex Trafficking Charges
Those staying in a Cancun hotel would pay an average of $311 a night for a room with rates increased by 274 percent. While in Dubai, guests are expected to pay about $302 a night at a 176 percent increase.
Worldwide, Miami Beach comes in third but in the U.S. it takes the top spot with Los Angeles coming in at second place.
As for those wanting the least expensive destinations to celebrate the new year, they found that out too. Among them are Shanghai, China and Bogota, Colombia. Guests are expected to pay less than $50 per night there.
Others who made it on the worldwide top ten for most expensive destinations include:MORE NEWS: Missing Teen Diani Carolina Sanchez Found Dead Near Pelican Harbor Marina
- Cancun (Mexico) $311 (+274%)
- Dubai (U. Arab Emirates) $302 (+176%)
- Miami Beach (Florida) $286 (+289%)
- Los Angeles (California) $272 (+76%)
- Edinburgh (Scotland) $268 (+396%)
- New Orleans (Louisiana)$249 (+179%)
- Honolulu (Hawaii) $246 (+98%)
- New York City (New York) $245 (+176%)
- Punta Cana (Dominican Rep.) $239 (+97%)
- Rio de Janeiro (Brasil) $232 (+295%)
- Sydney (Australia) $225 (+196%)
- Amsterdam (Netherlands) $217 (+239%)
- Tokyo (Japan) $216 (+176%)
- Las Vegas (Nevada) $208 (+225%)
- Hong Kong $179 (+85%)
- Singapore $164 (+121%)
- London (England) $161 (+85%)
- Berlin (Germany) $152 (+157%)
- Cape Town(South Africa) $147 (+200%)
- Toronto (Canada) $122 (+51%)
- Barcelona (Spain) $116 (+182%)
- Paris (France) $116 (+57%)
- Doha (Quatar) $82 (+2%)
- Rome (Italy) $73 (+88%)
- Seoul (South Korea) $73 (+59%)
- Bangkok (Thailand) $62 (+55%)
- Moscow (Russia) $55 (+61%)
- Bogota (Colombia) $42 (-8%)
- Shanghai (China)) $39 (+14%)
- Buenos Aires (Argentina) $38 (+22%)