MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Authorities say they’ve caught the man who has been leaving suspicious items at the Islamic School of Miami, something that had shaken up the congregation.READ MORE: Exclusive: Rescued By Service Dog When Roof Collapsed, Paraplegic Man Appeals For Help To Find Apartment He Can Afford
According to our news partners the Miami Herald, another suspicious item was left but this time police were able to identify who they say left it.
Officers said Kendall resident Henri Thomas Borno, 28, is responsible for the acts.
Borno has since been committed to mental health treatment under Florida’s Baker Act. Police have not charged him with a crime, saying they did not have enough evidence.READ MORE: Study Takes A Look At The Mentality Of Scam Victims
The police report states police believed “Mr. Borno has a strong desire to harm the individuals at the [mosque] based on their religious beliefs.”
The lack of charges is something that has angered the Muslim community who is demanding Borno be charged after Monday’s incident in which police were called for a third time since Sept. 11th.
Two empty glasses and a laptop had been left at the school, prompting a call to the bomb squad. As they investigated, 30 to 40 people, including children, were evacuated.
After authorities left, Borno went back to the school, allegedly driving erratically on campus and almost hitting children, the police report said.MORE NEWS: Man Who Suffered Severe Burns Reunites With Staff Who Helped Save His Life At Kendall Regional Medical Center
Officers say they were able to identify Borno through the photos and three laptops left at the school.