MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Tropical Storm Grace is continuing to gain strength over the eastern Atlantic.
At 5 p.m., Grace was located 520 miles west-southwest of the Cape Verde Islands.
The storm is moving west at about 15 mph, and this motion is expected to continue during the next two days.
Maximum sustained winds have increased to 50 mph with higher gusts. Tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 60 miles from the center.
Some additional strengthening is expected during the next day or so.
There continue to be no watches or warnings in effect.
At this time, Grace poses no immediate threat to South Florida.
- Click here for ways to prepare yourself for an impending storm from the CBSMiami.com Hurricane Preps page
- Click here for the latest news surrounding hurricanes and the National Hurricane Center
- Click here to see all of the latest maps when a storm forms in the Atlantic
- Click here to download the CBS4 2015 Hurricane Guide (English)
- Click here to download the CBS4 2015 Hurricane Guide (Spanish)