Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A Sweetwater man accused of forcing a young girl to have sex with him after friending him on social media is being held without bond after coming before a judge Wednesday.

“You were arrested on three serious charges,” said Miami-Dade Judge Mindy Glazer said as she read over Luis Armando Quintero’s arrest report.

Quintero, 23, is accused of having sex with a girl when she was 11 and 12 years old.

“You’re charged with sexual battery and lewd and lascivious battery on a minor,” stated Glazer.

Quintero came before Glazer again in the afternoon where his defense attorney Matthew Myers asked that Quintero be released on bond. “At this point we are requesting bond plus house arrest and GPS monitoring. We’d like a $40,000 bond.”

But Glazer denied that request after reading the police report.

“It says he had relations with an 11-year-old girl and that is non-bondable,” said Glazer. She ordered that Quintero have no contact with the victim if gets out of jail and that he not come within 500 feet of her. She also ordered that Quintero have no contact on social media with her.

Myers told CBS4’s Peter D’Oench that neither he nor Quintero’s family members would have any comments about this case.

Investigators said Quintero befriended the girl on social media and had his first forced sexual encounter with her in her bedroom.

“On another occasion he parked his vehicle in the driveway. Once she entered the vehicle he once again had sexual intercourse in the front seat,” said Miami-Dade police Det. Alvaro Zabaleta. “We believe this incident, both incidents, occurred within a two month timeframe.”

Quintero is the son of Luis Quintero, Sweetwater’s former Director of Parks and Recreation.

Quintero, a maintenance worker for the city, was arrested on Tuesday and transported to jail in what appeared to be his uniform.

“I’m happy to say the Miami-Dade Police Department did an excellent job in bringing somebody to justice. They were also affording us the opportunity to work with them and extraction of an individual subject to arrest,” said Sweetwater interim’s Police Chief Placido Diaz.

And according to the arrest affidavit Quintero admitted to the allegations against him before being taken into custody and transported to jail.

“This is an example of how we will work with any and all agencies when we want to bring anybody to justice. It’s about transparency whether civilian or sworn,” said Diaz.

Miami-Dade Police spokeswoman, Detective Robin Pinkard, told D’Oench that police so far did not think there were other victims. “This appears to be an isolated case,” she said.

Quintero has been suspended from his job without pay pending the disposition of this case, according to a spokeswoman for the City of Sweetwater.

Peter D'Oench

Comments