Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The Fourth of July is just days away and, if fireworks are as synonymous with Independence Day as bright lights at Christmas time, you may find that South Florida is the perfect place to be.
Several places throughout the area are planning on lighting up the night sky in honor of the Fourth.
Below are just some of the places across the tri-county area that promise a firework show:
- Bayfront Park: It’s a family affair from 3 to 9 PM at the Downtown Miami Park. Bring the kids for America’s birthday bash as the event will have a free kid zone. Leave the coolers and personal fireworks at home—the event, while at a public park, is hosted by sponsors who as visitors to leave them home.
- CocoWalk/Peacock Park: Start the day at 3 PM with family fun at CocoWalk and then head over to Peacock Park and watch the fireworks light up the sky at 9 PM on a blanket by the Bay.
- Biltmore Hotel: Grab a blanket and head over to this historic hotel and watch fireworks light up the City Beautiful. CBS4’s Rick Folbaum, Irika Sargent and Eliott Rodriguez will act as Masters of Ceremony at this year’s event.
- North Miami Independence Day Celebration: Head over to FIU’s Biscayne Bay Campus for a night of music entertainment and fireworks. Bring the kids but leave the personal fireworks or coolers allowed
- Pine Island Park: It’s a firework show that proclaims to be the best. Arrive at 3 PM and stay until after 9 PM for fireworks. With bounce houses and arts and crafts, it sure to be fun for all.
- Pembroke Pines: Head over to the Pines Recreation Center Festival Grounds, grab a bite to eat at a food truck, enjoy live music and a firework show starting at 9 PM. Like the others, no coolers or fireworks permitted. Lawn chairs and blankets, however, are encouraged.
- Lauderdale Beach: It’s an all day celebration at A1A and Las Olas Boulevard on July Fourth. The kids have their pick of face painting, beach games, jumping in a bounce house. End the night with a firework set for 9 PM.
- Deerfield Beach: With concerts and a kids’ zone, this July Fourth celebration will be held on SE 1st Street and Ocean Way. A “famous” firework show is scheduled to end the fun at 9:05 PM. Personal fireworks are not permitted on the beach.