Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Its Mr. 305’s birthday and what better way to celebrate than with the City of Miami’s Mayor, and other state and local officials, to announce the expansion of a public charter school in the city.
Mayor Tomas Regalado, and other officials including Governor Rick Scott, will join Armando Christian Perez, also known as Pitbull or Mr. 305, and the students of Sports Leadership and Management Academy (SLAM!) to announce the future expansion of the academy Thursday.
“We are so proud of Mr. Perez’s commitment to his hometown. Both at home and internationally, Pitbull embodies the cultural richness and diversity that unites the residents of the City of Miami. Mr. 305 is a beacon of inspiration for future generations,” stated Mayor Regalado. Adding, “Pitbull is Miami.”
Pitbull received several prestigious honors from the City of Miami and from Gov. Scott who named him the Ambassador of the Arts for Florida.
Also, Regalado presented Pitbull with the key to the city, a star,and he named today, January 15th, “Pitbull Day” in Miami for his commitment and dedication to the students and to city.
SLAM! is public charter school in Miami for 6th through 12 grade students seeking careers in the Sports Leadership and Management industries, according to the school’s website.
In addition to Regalado and Scott, Lt. Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera, Florida House of Representatives 14th District Representative Erik Fresen, the school’s Chairman of the Board Rene Ruiz, and Academica Founder and President Fernando Zulueta will also be in attendance.
- Broward County Honors Fallen Officers At Annual Law Enforcement Memorial Service
- Confessed Parkland Shooter Nikokas Cruz To Inherit Over $430K, Prompts Public Defender To Withdraw From Case
- Broward Sheriff Gregory Tony Addresses Tamarac Commission Over Pepper Spray Teen Incident
- Miami Gardens Man May Face Additional Charges After Boy Scalded By Hot Water Dies
- Florida Passes Bill Aimed At Cutting Post-Hurricane Lawsuits