MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Furniture retailer IKEA has issued a recall which may interest parents of babies.
The VYSSA crib mattress, approximately 169,000, was recalled due to risk of entrapment, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
A gap between the mattress and the crib is larger than allowed by federal regulations. The gap poses an entrapment hazard to infants.
There have been two reports of infants becoming trapped between the mattress and crib. Both babies were not injured.
This recall involves IKEA VYSSA style crib mattresses with the following five model names: VACKERT, VINKA, SPELEVINK, SLÖA and SLUMMER. The involved mattresses were manufactured on May 4, 2014 or earlier. An identification label attached to the mattress cover has the date of manufacture in Month-DD-YYYY format and the VYSSA model name. A gap between the mattress and crib ends larger than two finger width is an indication of the defective mattress.
For more information, contact IKEA toll-free at (888) 966-4532 or go online at www.ikea-usa.com and click on the recall link at the top of the page.
- County Commission Votes To Add Early Voting Site On Miami-Dade College North Campus
- Mayor: Shooter Armed With AK-47 Killed After Exchanging Gunfire With Police
- Public Bus Removed From Building, Days After It Became Stuck
- A Frustrated Ron DeSantis Dogged By Questions Of Race
- Jury Awards $250K To Woman Run Over By Ocean Rescue Truck On Fort Lauderdale Beach