Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — B.J. Taylor scored 11 of UCF’s 12 points in the third overtime of the game, and the Knights beat Tulane 103-100 on Wednesday night.
Taylor hit a 3 and a layup to put UCF in front at the start of the third overtime, but the Green Wave made five straight points to go up by one with 2:36 left to play. Taylor made a free throw to tie it, and then his three-point play put the Knights ahead for good.
Taylor scored a career-high 33 points and led four other Knights (9-7, 2-3 American) in double figures.
UCF’s Brandon Goodwin split a pair of free throws in regulation to tie it at 73-all with eight seconds left, and Jonathan Stark missed both from the line on the other end to send it to the first overtime.
Louis Dabney scored 26 points and Jay Hook added 25 for Tulane (12-5, 3-2).
(© Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Baseball Report: Twins, Yankees Likely Buyers At Trade Deadline
- Dolphins Assistant Coach Jim Caldwell To Take Leave For Health Issue
- Exclusive Interview With U.S. Soccer Women’s National Team Head Coach, South Florida Resident Jill Ellis
- Cooper, Granderson Help Power Marlins Past Mets, 8-4
- ‘It’s Not Easy To Make A League Last’: Ice Cube Talks Big 3, Dr. Dre, And John Singleton