Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter
TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/AP) — Now that election season is over, Florida’s two main political parties are seeing a lot less money coming in.
The Republican Party of Florida and Florida Democratic Party on Monday turned in their fundraising reports for the final two months of 2014.
Republicans reported raising more than $1.96 million during that time period, but a sizable portion of the donations were to help for the inauguration of Gov. Rick Scott. The donors include utility companies, gambling interests and insurance companies.
Democrats took in slightly less than $311,000. The biggest donor to the Democrats was Disney, which contributed $115,000, but the party also received money from the campaign of former Gov. Charlie Crist.
Last year’s gubernatorial race was considered one of the most expensive in state history.
(TM and © Copyright 2015 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2015 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Judge Orders Roger Stone To Court Thursday Over Controversial Instagram Pix
- Florida To Ban Dumping Blood Off Beaches To Lure Sharks
- Bernie Sanders Announces 2020 Run: ‘We’re Gonna Win’
- Maduro Says Trump Wants To Impose ‘White Supremacist’ Thinking On Venezuela
- Florida Dept. of Health Challenges Pot Dispensary Ruling