Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter

MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Crews rescued three dogs as a fire tore through a Kendall apartment on Tuesday.

A neighbor caught video of the dramatic rescue of one of the pets.The video shows a police officer handing off the dog to another firefighter.

Miami-Dade Fire rescue said unattended candles caused the fire to spread to the artificial tree.

Units responded to the apartment off Southwest 90th Street and 125th Avenue around 1:30 p.m.

A firefighter found a four-year-old Cocker Spaniel hiding in a corner and rescued him.

“I found the dog on this corner and he wasn’t moving so I wasn’t sure if he was alive and I picked him up and he started moving and I brought here and I started yelling for someone to get him down and finally a police officer came and we were able to get it down,” said Kenneth Diaz of Miami-Dade Fire Rescue.

Two other dogs on the floors above the apartment were also rescued.

No injuries were reported.

The family made arrangements to stay with relatives.

Click here to watch the report. 

RELATED CONTENT:
[display-posts category=”local” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”5″]

 

Comments (3)