Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A Coral Gables doctor faces sex abuse charges in North Carolina.
Dr. Robert Kemp Crockett, 62, was on vacation in Brunswick County in July when he sexually assaulted a 15-year old boy, according to his arrest warrant.
Crockett is facing multiple charges including indecent liberties with a child and statutory rape. He turned himself into Brunswick County authorities after a warrant was issued for his arrest. He was released on $50,000 bail.
Miami Children’s Hospital said Crockett, who is a pediatric emergency medicine specialist, has been on leave from the hospital for several months.
“This physician is not currently employed by Miami Children’s Hospital. His medical staff privileges were suspended pending the outcome of the investigation. The hospital is an advocate for children and takes this matter very seriously,” said Miami Children’s Hospital spokeswoman Jennifer Caminas in a statement.
- New High-rise In Downtown Miami Will Be Ready For Flying Cars
- Miami-Dade Mayor Warns Of Sea Level Rise Impact On County Owned Property
- Broward School Board Votes To Establish New Safety Policies On Hard Corners, Cod Red Alerts
- Woman With ‘Meat Cleaver’ Fabricated Story, Wanted Police To Kill Her
- BREAKING: Jussie Smollett Charged With Disorderly Conduct