MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Numerous rescue personnel spent Saturday night searching for a person who was reported missing in the water off of Dinner Key Marina.
Miami Fire Rescue reported one person was located after a Good Samaritan called to say someone was heard screaming for help in the water.
The man was rescued and told authorities there was no else missing.
The spokesman from Miami’s fire department says that man later recanted his story, telling police that a second man might still be in the water.
That’s when a second search began.
Despite hours of searching no one was found.
Authorities also tell us the man who may be missing is known to be a good swimmer so he might have already made it to shore.
The first man who was rescued was not hurt.
Miami-Dade Fire, Miami Fire Rescue, the U.S. Coast Guard, Border Patrol and numerous other agencies were taking part in the search.
- Uber Confirms Man Killed In Allapattah Crash Was Driving For Company
- Police Chase Leads To Nasty Wreck, Killing One Of Two People Inside Stolen Car
- Local Elected Officials Want Funds Re-Directed Back To Rail Expansion
- Commissioners Approve Putting Beckham Soccer Stadium Plan On November Ballot
- Democrats Call For Federal Audit of Keys Debris Contracts