Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter
KEY WEST (CBSMiami/FKNB) – Key West, a town known for its history, bars, restaurants and overall easy feel has been named among the top 10 destinations Yahoo! users sought travel information for in 2014.
The popular website/search engine has released an annual roster of “Most Searched Destinations, Airlines and Hotels.”
Coming in at number five, Key West is the only Florida destination on the list.
Ahead of Key West are Las Vegas, Myrtle Beach, S.C.; New Orleans and Atlantic City, N.J. Behind are Ocean City, Md.; Santa Barbara, Calif.; San Diego, Virginia Beach, Va.; and San Francisco.
Southwest Airlines took the top ranking in a list of 10 air carriers and Marriott was the most-searched hotel chain in 2014.
“We are gratified Key West is so popular among vacationers,” said Harold Wheeler, director of the Monroe County Tourist Development Council. “It speaks volumes about the destination’s appeal as well as awareness created by the industry and TDC’s marketing efforts.”
The Florida Keys News Bureau contributed to this report.
- Digital Bite: Fisherman Style Red Snapper From Fiola Miami
- Car Plunges Off Golden Glades Overpass, Two Dead
- Former Norland Assistant Principal Ernest Roberts Charged With Murder Of Teacher Kameela Russell
- Florida Man Accused Of Taking 4-Year-Old On Burglary Spree
- At 103, Miami Grandma Becomes US Citizen; She Joined 100 Others In Taking Oath