Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter
BROWARD (CBSMiami) – A man has died and woman is in critical condition after a double shooting and several carjackings in Broward Tuesday morning, police said.
“I heard some gun shots, like five or six, like pop, pop, pop, pop. And then a pause and then three or four,” said witness David Normandin, “I walked out to see what was going on.”
According to the FBI, the shots came from 35-year-old Gregory Moore who was firing his automatic weapon at a red car in the parking lot of Riemer Insurance Group at 219 East Hallandale Beach Boulevard.
Police said the targets were Moore’s ex-girlfriend who works at the insurance group. Moore allegedly pulled his ex-girlfriend out of the car and began to beat her. He also reportedly shot at the man she was with.
“It’s crazy. I mean this stuff never happens around here. It’s kind of shocking to see that,” said Normandin.
The injured man ran to a nearby doctor’s office to get help, police said.
“There was a guy at the medical center over here. They had an ambulance already coming out to get him,” said Normandin. “The cops had already closed off everything. Almost as soon as everything happened.”
Both shooting victims were rushed to the hospital. The man succumbed to his wounds several hours after the incident. Moore’s girlfriend woman underwent surgery and remains in critical condition.
The two victims have not been identified.
Moore is also wanted by the FBI for a series of carjackings.
- US Immigration Officials In Miami Detain 2 Bankers Wanted In Ecuador
- Former Hurricanes Running Back Mark Walton Arrested On Battery Charges In Miami
- Scary Situation At Orlando Airport After Someone Yells ‘Gun’, Sending Travelers Running
- South Florida Sends Donations To Aid Venezuela, Hopeful They’ll Get To Citizens In Need
- Miccosukee Police Officer Killed In Wrong Way Crash On Alligator Alley