Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter
ISLAMORADA (CBSMiami/AP) – A man who went diving off the Florida Keys has gone missing, and now the United States Coast Guard is searching for the 32-year old.
According to officials, the man and his brother left aboard a 23-foot fishing boat from Islamorada at 7 a.m. Saturday. The two were supposed to return that same evening.
After the Coast Guard was notified of the overdue boat, search crews went out.
One diver was found clinging to a mooring ball about three miles off the coastline. The man told them that he and his brother went diving, but when the surfaced their boat had drifted.
The man stated that he stayed with the mooring ball while his brother swam after the boat. He said he soon lost sight of his brother.
The search is continuing approximately 15 miles off the coast of Islamorada.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- SpaceX Falcon Heavy Completes Successful Third Mission Off Cape Canaveral
- Another Extremely Hot Day As South Florida Continues Flirting With Record Heat
- Mentoring Matters: Two Women Forge Special Bond Over Two Decades At Maria Verdeja School Of The Arts
- Over 80 Arrests Made In Florida Sex Trafficking Investigation
- Vice President Mike Pence In Town To Launch Latino’s For Trump Coalition