Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter
MIAMI GARDENS (AP) — Duke Johnson went over the 3,000-yard mark for his career and scored three times despite getting most of the second half off, Brad Kaaya threw three touchdown passes and Miami rolled past North Carolina 47-20 on Saturday.
Johnson had a 90-yard touchdown run — tying the Miami record for longest rush from scrimmage — and finished with 177 yards on 19 carries for the Hurricanes (6-3, 3-2 Atlantic Coast Conference). His 1-yard scoring run opened the scoring, and he turned a middle screen into a 37-yard TD catch in the third quarter.
Kaaya completed 11 of 17 passes for 189 yards, and now has 20 touchdown passes in his freshman season. Clive Walford had two touchdown grabs, the first Miami tight end to do so since Greg Olsen in 2005.
Quarterback Marquise Williams had a pair of touchdown runs and Cayson Collins returned a fumble 39 yards for a score for North Carolina (4-5, 2-3).
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Former Hurricanes Running Back Mark Walton Arrested On Battery Charges In Miami
- National Signing Day Looking Good For Manny Diaz And The Hurricanes
- New Hurricanes Quarterback Tate Martell Arrives In South Florida
- Here’s The 2019 Schedule For Manny Diaz’s New-Look Hurricanes
- Wide Receiver Jeff Thomas Says He’s Returning To Miami