Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Miami-Dade Police want help from the public looking for a man who they say tried to snatch a 17 year old girl right off the street as she walked to school.
The girl was headed to school on Monday morning at 6:45 a.m. in the area of NW 22 Avenue and NW 87 Street when a man approached her, grabbed her and tried to pull her into his car.
“She was able to fight the subject off and flee the area,” said Miami-Dade Police Det. Alvaro Zabaleta.
Investigators said the teen told them the man was between 35 to 40 years of age, about 6 feet, 1 inch tall with a muscular build.
People who live nearby said everyone needs to be alert and aware of their surroundings.
“I been doing a lot of walking to catch the bus,” one woman said. “I’m glad I’m alert. I don’t like that.”
“The parents should have been with them,” said Betsy Lyles. “They shouldn’t have been walking by themselves.”
If you know any details about the incident or the identity of the man in the sketch, Miami-Dade Police want to hear from you. You are asked to contact Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305 471 TIPS.
- Digital Bite: Fisherman Style Red Snapper From Fiola Miami
- Car Plunges Off Golden Glades Overpass, Two Dead
- Former Norland Assistant Principal Ernest Roberts Charged With Murder Of Teacher Kameela Russell
- Florida Man Accused Of Taking 4-Year-Old On Burglary Spree
- At 103, Miami Grandma Becomes US Citizen; She Joined 100 Others In Taking Oath