Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Miami-Dade Police are looking for a man who they say tried to abduct a 17 year old girl right off the street.
Investigators tell us it was 6:45 on Monday morning in the area of NW 22 Avenue and NW 87 Street where a 17 year old girl was almost kidnapped.
Detectives say she was walking to school when a man approached her, grabbed her and tried to get her into his car.
“She was able to fight the subject off and flee the area,” said Miami-Dade Police Det. Alvaro Zabaleta.
Investigators say the teen told them this guy is between 35 to 40 years of age, about 6 feet, 1 inch tall with a muscular build.
People who live nearby say everyone needs to be alert and aware of their surroundings.
“I been doing a lot of walking to catch the bus,” one woman said. “I’m glad I’m alert. I don’t like that.”
“They parents should have been with them,” said Betsy Lyles. “They shouldn’t have been walking by themselves.”
If you know any details about the incident or the identity of the man in the sketch, Miami-Dade Police want to hear from you. You are asked to contact Miami-Dade Crimestoppers at 305 471 TIPS.
- Florida Man Released On Bond After Threatening Mass Shooting Against Broward Company That Fired Him
- President Trump Launches 2020 Campaign At Orlando Rally
- Case Of Mumps Reported At FIU
- Florida Minimum Wage Hike Doesn’t Draw Arguments In Supreme Court
- North Miami Police Gives Officer Jonathan Aledda Notice Of Intent To Terminate Following Guilty Verdict In Unarmed Caretaker Shooting