KEY WEST (CBSMiami/FKNB) — Zombies could be seen around Key West Sunday and they were pedaling bicycles.
It was part of the city’s annual Zombie Bike Ride.
Organizer Marky Pierson said the event attracted about 7,000 zombies for the procession that routed participants along the Atlantic Ocean down South Roosevelt Boulevard. The unearthly antics culminated in the Zombie Fest Street Party in the lower portion of Key West’s famed Duval Street.
Participants wore everything from dead-white face paint and “traditional” gory zombie costumes to “walking dead” garb that spoofed surprisingly lively current events.
The unearthly antics are to culminate in the Zombie Fest Street Party in the 100, 200 and 300 blocks of Key West’s famed Duval Street.
The Zombie Bike Ride coincides with the first weekend of Key West’s annual Fantasy Fest costuming and masking festival that continues through Sunday, Oct. 26.
The Florida Keys News Bureau contributed to this report.
- Vigil Held For Slain Local Rap Artist XXXTentcion
- ‘They Are Not Letting Us In’ Nelson, Wasserman Schultz Denied Entry To Kid Migrant Shelter
- Trump Meets With House Republicans As Outrage Over Immigration Policy Grows
- Eileen Higgins Wins Miami-Dade Commission Seat Runoff Election
- Parkland Siblings Detail #NeverAgain Inception In New Book