Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter
KEY WEST (CBSMiami/FKNB) — Zombies could be seen around Key West Sunday and they were pedaling bicycles.
It was part of the city’s annual Zombie Bike Ride.
Organizer Marky Pierson said the event attracted about 7,000 zombies for the procession that routed participants along the Atlantic Ocean down South Roosevelt Boulevard. The unearthly antics culminated in the Zombie Fest Street Party in the lower portion of Key West’s famed Duval Street.
Participants wore everything from dead-white face paint and “traditional” gory zombie costumes to “walking dead” garb that spoofed surprisingly lively current events.
The unearthly antics are to culminate in the Zombie Fest Street Party in the 100, 200 and 300 blocks of Key West’s famed Duval Street.
The Zombie Bike Ride coincides with the first weekend of Key West’s annual Fantasy Fest costuming and masking festival that continues through Sunday, Oct. 26.
The Florida Keys News Bureau contributed to this report.
- Man Accused Of Stealing From Dead Girlfriend Dies In Apparent Suicide
- Army Veteran Said He Was Followed Home Before Being Shot And Killed On Patio
- Miami Beach To Add More Cops, Restrictions To Control Rowdy Spring Breakers
- With Fort Lauderdale’s Blessing, Beckham Group Ready To Bring Lockhart Stadium Back To Its Glory Days
- Florida Democrats To Invest $2 Million In Voter Registration