BROWARD (CBSMiami) – A Broward Sheriff’s Office deputy was arrested Monday for not arresting a woman in exchange for sexual favors.
BSO said on July 13th, 2013, Deputy Ted Arboleda met a woman at a Dania Beach gas station who did not have a valid driver license, was in possession of marijuana and an unlabeled bottle of prescription medication.
The woman reportedly told the deputy she was on felony probation and offered him money not to be arrested.
According to authorities, Arboleda did not take the money and instead returned the drugs to her, allowed her to leave her car at the gas station and gave her a ride home.
Once at her house, the woman allegedly offered him oral sex and he accepted.
After the sex act, Arboleda left without arresting her, BSO said.
Arboleda was placed on administrative duty on August 19th, 2014.
He was arrested Monday on one charge of unlawful compensation or reward for official behavior, a second-degree felony. He has been suspended without pay. BSO’s internal affairs investigation is ongoing.
Anyone who believes he or she may have been a victim of Arboleda should contact BSO’s internal affairs office at (954) 321-1100.
- VIDEO: Florida Raccoon Rescued From Channel Marker
- Miami Beach Police Bringing In Extra Officers To Handle Busy Spring Break Weekend
- Motorcyclist Involved In Hit And Crash Has Died
- Miami Weather: Spring Brings Cooler Temperatures To South Florida
- Dollar General Baby Cough Syrup Recalled Due To Possible Bacteria Contamination