HOMESTEAD (CBSMiami) – Miami-Dade police are investigating a shooting that involved a police officer.
According to investigators, the victim and her 14-year-old son were inside a residence in the area of Southeast 1 Street and Southeast 22 Avenue Saturday night when she noticed what appeared to be a shadow of a person.
Police said the victim’s ex-boyfriend confronted her and began to punch her repeatedly.
The victim’s son called 911.
When officers arrived, they reported hearing the victim screaming and the ex-boyfriend was armed with a gun.
Police fired at the man hitting him as officers were entering the gate of the home.
Following that initial firing of the weapons, police fired additional shots hitting the man again.
The victim and her son were rescued from the home.
The man, 42, died from the gunshot injuries at Kendall Regional Trauma Center, but his name has not been released.
None of the officers were injured.
The victim’s name is also being withheld.
- Lauren’s List: Unhealthy Effects Of Binge Watching
- Attorneys For Convicted Ex-Cop Nouman Raja Files Appeal, Want New Trial
- Miami Beach To Add More Cops, Restrictions To Control Rowdy Spring Breakers
- Hollywood Family Asks Help In Finding Missing Husband, Father Of Two
- Miami Beach To Begin Implementing Plan To Handle Rowdy Spring Break Crowd