MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Amid an investigation into a missing woman found in the trunk of her car, her  family has made arrangements for her wake and funeral.

The father of 28-year-old Tanya Gonzalez who went missing last week, said the Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed to him that the body found in the trunk of her blue BMW is his daughter. Her body was so decomposed the examiners had to use dental records to identify her. Her cause of death is still under investigation.

CLICK HERE To Watch The Report

He said they scheduled her wake for Friday from 6:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. and her  funeral is on Saturday at 10:30 a.m. Both will take place at  the Vior Funeral Home. Gonzalez’s co-workers are also hosting a fundraiser on Thursday at 8:00 p.m, at the Mojito Bar in Bayside where Gonzalez worked.

With funeral arrangements in order, an investigation continues into how Gonzalez may have died.

A cross now sits at the site where the BMW was discovered, honoring Gonzalez. That’s where CBS4 caught up with Miami Police Officers who were going door to door looking for clues. They were led by Manny De La Torriente, a former detective with 22 years experience and now working with the police training center.

“We are looking for anybody who has any information. Who may have seen somebody leaving the car and walking away. Every little piece helps solve this puzzle. The more we understand about this case, the more we understand what happened and can establish a timeline,” said Torriente.

He said, so far, no surveillance tape has been located in the area of where the car was found.

The same day the body was found, her ex-boyfriend and “person of interest” in the case, Roy Blanco,33, killed himself when approached by Monroe County Sheriff’s deputies in Big Coppitt Key. His mother was with him at the time and also tried to take an unknown number of pills.

READ: Body Found In Trunk Of Missing Woman’s Car, “Person Of Interest” Dead

Authorities located the two after local Dwayne Day helped police find Blanco. He said he had seen Blanco and his mother possibly living under a bridge or in the woods, but it wasn’t until Tuesday afternoon he realized they were the people deputies had been looking for.

The giveaway was the Siberian Husky they were traveling with.

Day said when he saw Blanco and his mother coming out of the woods, he called 911 while following them on his bike but said they headed back for the woods once they saw deputies closing in on them.

“They rushed into the bushes …they had nowhere to go because there is water on the other side and they were trapped so when they saw the deputies, they started swallowing pills as fast as they could, both of them,” said Day. “They ran to try to stop them and tried to pry them out of the heir mouths but it looks like they swallowed a bunch.”

While Roy Blanco did not survive, his mother did.

Sources close to the investigation told CBS4 News Marta Blanco is slipping in and out of consciousness so they have not been able to question her yet but she is expected to survive. It is unclear if she will face any charges.


[display-posts category=”local” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”5″]

Comments (2)