MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Miami-Dade Commissioners met Thursday night to take a final vote on the county’s $6.2 billion budget.
Mayor Carlos Gimenez in recent weeks removed many of the most unpopular cuts from the budget.
Among some of the items that received backlash were police lay offs.
A higher library tax will pay for expanded hours and services.
Overall, the county’s combined property tax would go up less than one percent.
Also in the budget, the Mayor’s $1 million initiative for police body cameras.
- Paula Deen’s Husband Wins Ernest Hemingway Look-Alike Contest In Key West
- Former Miami Dolphins Head Coach Tony Sparano Dead At 56
- ‘Equalizer 2’ Squeaks Past ‘Mamma Mia 2’ To Take Top Spot
- Apartment Complex Fire Displaces Several Families In North Miami
- Drowning Investigated At Black Point Park & Marina