MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The corruption trial of suspended Homestead mayor Steven Batemen got underway with jury selection Monday morning.
Bateman is accused of taking a consulting job from a non-profit organization which paid him $125 an hour.
Prosecutors said the problem is Batemen never disclosed that he was getting paid to work for the group.
He faces several charges including, unlawful compensation and illegal lobbying.
Bateman has pleaded not guilty.
- UM Doctors Release Findings On Sonic Attacks On US Diplomats Living In Cuba
- ‘Cuban Christmas’ Meal Food Basket Giveaway Underway In Little Havana
- Florida Senator Bill Nelson To Deliver Final Speech On Senate Floor
- Miami Gardens Police Search For Dark-Colored Dodge Challenger In Fatal Hit-And-Run
- Woman Cancer Free After CAR T-cell Therapy Shows Promising Results