MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The corruption trial of suspended Homestead mayor Steven Batemen got underway with jury selection Monday morning.
Bateman is accused of taking a consulting job from a non-profit organization which paid him $125 an hour.
Prosecutors said the problem is Batemen never disclosed that he was getting paid to work for the group.
He faces several charges including, unlawful compensation and illegal lobbying.
Bateman has pleaded not guilty.
- Digital Bite: Italian Eatery Cecconi’s Serves Up Delicious Octopus Dish
- Interstate 95 Ramp Shooting Investigated As Possible Road Rage
- Automotive History On Display At Boca Raton Concours d’Elegance
- ‘Arrested Several Times For Feeding The Hungry,’ Champion Of The Poor Arnold Abbott Dies At 94
- Venezuela’s Guaidó Attends Concert On Eve Of Humanitarian Aid Is To Be Delivered