MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The corruption trial of suspended Homestead mayor Steven Batemen got underway with jury selection Monday morning.
Bateman is accused of taking a consulting job from a non-profit organization which paid him $125 an hour.
Prosecutors said the problem is Batemen never disclosed that he was getting paid to work for the group.
He faces several charges including, unlawful compensation and illegal lobbying.
Bateman has pleaded not guilty.
- Two Local Priests Resign For Different, Unpleasant Reasons
- Local Teen Found Safe After Going Missing During Trip To Paris
- Man Says Woman He Met At Nightclub Robbed Him
- More Than A Million Florida Voters Have Already Cast Ballots In State Primary
- In First 8 Months Of Year, Manatee Death Toll Surpasses 2017