MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) – Ford owners in the U.S. and Canada should pay attention to the company’s recall of older-model hybrid SUVs.
The company is recalling Ford Escapes from 2005 through 2008 and Mercury Mariners from 2006 through 2008, because of a stalling problem.
Ford said the coolant pump for the gas-electric hybrids could fail, causing electronics to overheat. The car company said overheating leads to engine shutdowns and increased risk of crashes.
Ford said in document filed with government safety regulators it has no reports of crashes or injuries from the problem.
Dealers will replace the coolant pump for free once Ford announces the recall, which is projected to start October 27th.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Easter Bunny Stages Underwater Egg Hunt Off Florida Keys
- WATCH: Miami Fire Rescue Workers Spot Large Gator Crossing Residential Street
- Florida Man With Gun Kills Driver, Also With Gun, In Road Rage Incident
- At Least 207 Killed In Blasts Targeting Churches And Hotels In Sri Lanka On Easter Sunday
- MIA’s Forgotten Workers: Low Wages, Poor Treatment For Many At Miami International Airport