DAVIE (CBSMiami) – Miami Dolphins defensive end Cameron Wake isn’t the only player to have his week one performance recognized.
New Dolphins running back Knowshon Moreno has been named the FedEx Ground Player of the Week for his Week 1 effort against the New England Patriots.
Moreno racked up an NFL-best 134 rushing yards and added a fourth quarter touchdown in his Dolphins debut.
Earlier this week Wake was named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week after sacking Patriots quarterback Tom Brady twice and forcing two fumbles.
Miami defeated the Patriots 33-20, outscoring New England 23-0 in the second half.
The Dolphins signed Moreno to a one-year deal worth $3 million during the offseason.
Watch the Dolphins take on the Buffalo Bills this Sunday at 1 p.m. on CBS 4 your official Dolphins station!
- Dolphins May Be Targeting Cardinals QB Josh Rosen If Arizona Takes Kyler Murray First Overall In Thursday’s NFL Draft
- Miami Dolphins FOOTBALL UNITES Partners With Miami-Dade Schools Police & Gives Scholarship To Police Explorer
- Miami Dolphins 2019 Schedule Released
- Dolphins Safety Reshad Jones Skips First Voluntary Practice Under New Head Coach Brian Flores
- Miami Dolphins Release 2019 Preseason Schedule