DAVIE (CBSMiami) – Miami Dolphins defensive end Cameron Wake isn’t the only player to have his week one performance recognized.
New Dolphins running back Knowshon Moreno has been named the FedEx Ground Player of the Week for his Week 1 effort against the New England Patriots.
Moreno racked up an NFL-best 134 rushing yards and added a fourth quarter touchdown in his Dolphins debut.
Earlier this week Wake was named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week after sacking Patriots quarterback Tom Brady twice and forcing two fumbles.
Miami defeated the Patriots 33-20, outscoring New England 23-0 in the second half.
The Dolphins signed Moreno to a one-year deal worth $3 million during the offseason.
Watch the Dolphins take on the Buffalo Bills this Sunday at 1 p.m. on CBS 4 your official Dolphins station!
- Miracle In Miami Gardens: Dolphins Shock Patriots In Final Seconds To Keep Playoff Hopes Alive
- Dolphins ‘Football Unites’ Teaches The Importance Of Giving Back
- Dolphins Hope Recent Home Success Against Patriots Continues This Week
- Son Of Former Dolphins, Canes Star Vernon Carey Commits To Duke
- Hard Rock Stadium Creates Sensory and Nursing Rooms