FLORIDA KEYS (CBSMiami) – A 68-year-old woman diving off the shore in the Lower Keys died Monday afternoon.
Elizabeth Hoaglin was scuba diving and catching lobsters with friends at the Jewfish Channel when she lost consciousness, said Monroe County deputies.
According to authorities, her friends said they noticed Hoaglin started to struggle near the surface after being underwater for only a few minutes.
Hoaglin’s friends reportedly pulled her into the boat, began CPR and called the Coast Guard for help.
The Coast Guard said they brought Hoaglin ashore and were met by paramedics who transported her to Lower Keys Hospital.
She was pronounced dead at the hospital at 1:30 p.m.
An autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause of death.
- Police Search For Hit & Run Driver Who Killed Teen In Pembroke Pines
- Pines Man Accused Of Posting Bomb-Making Instructions For Extremists
- Boy, 14, Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Pembroke Pines
- Police: Coast Guard Member Kills Wife, Son; Daughter In Critical Condition
- Miami Gym Steps Up To Help Widow Of Boxer Who Came Up With Rope-A-Dope Tactic