FLORIDA KEYS (CBSMiami) – A 68-year-old woman diving off the shore in the Lower Keys died Monday afternoon.
Elizabeth Hoaglin was scuba diving and catching lobsters with friends at the Jewfish Channel when she lost consciousness, said Monroe County deputies.
According to authorities, her friends said they noticed Hoaglin started to struggle near the surface after being underwater for only a few minutes.
Hoaglin’s friends reportedly pulled her into the boat, began CPR and called the Coast Guard for help.
The Coast Guard said they brought Hoaglin ashore and were met by paramedics who transported her to Lower Keys Hospital.
She was pronounced dead at the hospital at 1:30 p.m.
An autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause of death.
- Miami Beach PD Enforcing ‘Zero Tolerance’ Policy Over Busy Spring Break Weekend
- Half-Brother Of Former Star FSU Running Back Dalvin Cook Wounded In Drive-By
- Robert Mueller Submits Russia Report: FBI Investigation Into Russian Meddling Concludes
- Miami-Dade Police Launch Pilot Program To Provide Emotional Support Through Pet Therapy
- BSO Searching For Man In Connection To Massage Parlor Worker Murder