FLORIDA KEYS (CBSMiami) – A 68-year-old woman diving off the shore in the Lower Keys died Monday afternoon.
Elizabeth Hoaglin was scuba diving and catching lobsters with friends at the Jewfish Channel when she lost consciousness, said Monroe County deputies.
According to authorities, her friends said they noticed Hoaglin started to struggle near the surface after being underwater for only a few minutes.
Hoaglin’s friends reportedly pulled her into the boat, began CPR and called the Coast Guard for help.
The Coast Guard said they brought Hoaglin ashore and were met by paramedics who transported her to Lower Keys Hospital.
She was pronounced dead at the hospital at 1:30 p.m.
An autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause of death.
- Overnight Closure On The Dolphin Expressway
- Sentencing Day For Ft. Lauderale Airport Gunman
- Miami-Dade Reaches Agreement With School District To Provide Armed Officers
- Several Miami-Dade Cities Still Without Police Contracts To Have Full-Time Officers In Schools
- Aretha Franklin Had Strong Roots In South Florida