MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) — Many people walk down an aisle or perhaps plan a wedding on the beach in South Florida, but one couple exchanged vows atop a Miami hotel before rappelling down the high-rise building along with hundreds of others for a charity fundraiser.
Melissa Lopez and Chris Cruz won a contest to rappel down the JW Marriott Marquis. Before the couple said “I do” on Friday, dozens of others rappelled down the building, including Emmy Award-winner Joe Morton from the TV show “Scandal.”
The event was opened to the general public Saturday for people who raised at least $1,500.
The events benefit Miami Children’s Initiative, an organization focused on breaking the cycle of poverty in Miami’s impoverished Liberty City neighborhood.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Congressional Delegation Tours Homestead Facility Housing Migrant Children
- Chotto Matte’s Mouthwatering Nikkei Gyoza Featured In Exclusive Digital Bite
- Nikolas Cruz Told Student, ‘You Better Get Out Of Here’ Before School Shooting
- 2 Accused Of Robbing Store With Suspect’s 4-Year-Old Son Waiting In Getaway Car
- CBS4 Gets Inside Look At Homestead Facility Housing Migrant Kids