FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Labor Day fun on the beach turned deadly in Ft. Lauderdale.
Nine year old Brandon Myrick of Lauderdale Lakes was swimming in the rough surf with his cousin, Raymond Brave, off Fort Lauderdale Beach Park late in the day when the two got separated. After Brave realized he didn’t see, and couldn’t find his cousin, he ran to a life guard for help.
The life guard was able to locate Myrick in the surf and pulled the boy’s body to shore. He was taken to Broward Health Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead.
- Deputies Searching For Man Accused Of Killing Store Clerk
- Surveillance Tape Shows Burglars Who Strike Vacant Homes In Pinecrest
- Miramar ICE Protesters Released From Jail
- Miami-Dade Defers Vote To Decide On Transportation Dilemma Until Late August
- Starbucks To Open In Select Publix Stores In South Florida