MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Police were forced to set up a perimeter for several hours after officers said a man attempted a robbery and a carjacking in Miami Sunday morning.
According to police, a 54-year old homeless man broke the window of the Honduras Maya Restaurant at 69 NW 27th Avenue and went inside. He then attempted to take two cash registers and fled the scene.
Soon after, Miami-Dade police arrived and went on a search for the man setting up a perimeter around 25th Avenue and Flagler Street.
After several hours, the man was spotted and police began to move in.
Police added that is when the man went up to a SUV, which had two women inside, and tried to open the door.
The woman in the vehicle said she was nervous and instead of locking the door, she accidentally pressed the unlock button and the man then got inside.
Police were able to get the man out the car and after a scuffle with the police; the man was shocked with a Taser and taken into custody.
- Florida Firefighters Rescue 7 Stuck On Orlando Amusement Ride
- Large Crowd Gathers In Homestead To Protest Florida Detention Center For Unaccompanied Minor Immigrants
- Police Investigating After Miami Pool Party Interrupted By Gunfire
- Parkland Mother Lori Alhadeff Hosts Potential Life Saving ‘Stop The Bleed’ Training Class
- 1 Dead, 1 Injured As Police Continue Investigating Northwest Miami-Dade Shooting