MIAMI (CBSMiami) — South Florida community members are set to gather Saturday at a mass meant to pray for Cuba’s political prisoners.
Fr. Juan Rumin Dominguez will celebrate a mass at the Our Lady of Charity National Shrine located at 3609 South Miami Avenue.
Those who attend will also bid farewell to the Shroud of the Cuban Sorrow painted by ex-political prisoner Alejandro Fuerte. Pope John Paul II blessed the shroud in 1996 during Fuerte’s visit to the Vatican. It has also been signed by Cuban political prisoners.
During the mass which starts at noon, they will bless the shroud, which shows the image of Our Lady of Charity between a Cuban and and American flag.
Fuerte will then take the shroud to the Vatican.
- Democratic Presidential Candidate Elizabeth Warren Visits Homestead Facility For Migrant Children
- Doral Police Sergeant Airlifted To Hospital After Being Shot During Training Exercise
- Survey Indicates Hurricane Michael Victims Forgotten In Florida Panhandle
- First Of Two Democratic Primary Debates Set To Kick Off In Miami
- Everglades’ Sawgrass Fire 60 Percent Contained