MIAMI (CBSMiami) — South Florida community members are set to gather Saturday at a mass meant to pray for Cuba’s political prisoners.
Fr. Juan Rumin Dominguez will celebrate a mass at the Our Lady of Charity National Shrine located at 3609 South Miami Avenue.
Those who attend will also bid farewell to the Shroud of the Cuban Sorrow painted by ex-political prisoner Alejandro Fuerte. Pope John Paul II blessed the shroud in 1996 during Fuerte’s visit to the Vatican. It has also been signed by Cuban political prisoners.
During the mass which starts at noon, they will bless the shroud, which shows the image of Our Lady of Charity between a Cuban and and American flag.
Fuerte will then take the shroud to the Vatican.
- Miami Gardens Police Investigate Death Of Boy, 6, Who Reportedly Shot Himself
- Beckham’s Inter Miami Group Makes Pitch For Lockhart Stadium Site In Fort Lauderdale
- BSO Deputy Arrested, Accused Of Sexual Battery On Minor
- NTSB Releases Preliminary Report On Deadly Fort Lauderdale Banner Plane Crash
- Local Residents Upset With Bad Behavior, Want Laws Enforced During Spring Break