MIAMI (CBSMiami) — South Florida community members are set to gather Saturday at a mass meant to pray for Cuba’s political prisoners.
Fr. Juan Rumin Dominguez will celebrate a mass at the Our Lady of Charity National Shrine located at 3609 South Miami Avenue.
Those who attend will also bid farewell to the Shroud of the Cuban Sorrow painted by ex-political prisoner Alejandro Fuerte. Pope John Paul II blessed the shroud in 1996 during Fuerte’s visit to the Vatican. It has also been signed by Cuban political prisoners.
During the mass which starts at noon, they will bless the shroud, which shows the image of Our Lady of Charity between a Cuban and and American flag.
Fuerte will then take the shroud to the Vatican.
- Get ‘Lucky’ At Chef Norman Van Aken’s ‘Three’ In Today’s Digital Bite
- Gov. DeSantis Suspends Palm Beach Supervisor Of Election & Accepts Brenda Snipes Resignation
- Motorcycles, Four-wheelers, Dirt Bikes & ATVs Hit The Road Ahead Of MLK Holiday
- Agencies, Businesses Step Up To Help Federal Employees During Shutdown
- $1.4 Million Batman Comic Collection Stolen In Florida