MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A man was airlifted to the hospital after he was shot in the parking lot of a northeast Miami-Dade Kmart.
The shooting happened around 1 a.m. in the store’s parking lot at Biscayne Boulevard and NE 107th Street.
Police said, Daniel Martinez, 19, and Samuel Kontorosvky, 18, drove into a parking lot in a stolen vehicle.
That’s when Martinez tried to steal another vehicle while Kontorosvky acted as a lookout, police said.
Also, police added that during the attempted car theft, an armed man began firing his weapon at the two men.
Those two men fled in the original stolen vehicle, according to officers.
As Martinez was fleeing, police said he was shot in the back and lost control of the vehicle crashing into a tree.
Martinez then ran to a nearby home for help, according to officers, while Kontorosvky stayed at the scene to get help from police.
Martinez was taken to Jackson Memporial Hospital where he is in stable condition.
The driver, whose name has not been released, was shot in the head. He managed to drive a short distance before crashing into a tree. He and another person from the car then ran to a nearby home to get help. The three other people who were in the car left before police arrived.
The injured man was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital, no word on his condition.
Police have not released a motive for the shooting.
- US Leaving UN Human Rights Council: “A Cesspool Of Political Bias”
- Museum Exhibit Honoring Legendary Publicist Charlie Cinnamon Is First Of Its Kind
- Search Is On For Gunmen Who Shot, Killed Rapper XXXTentacion
- Rare Alligator Sighting On Florida Gulf Coast Beach
- ‘They Are Not Letting Us In’ Nelson, Wasserman Schultz Denied Entry To Kid Migrant Shelter