KEY LARGO (CBSMiami/AP) — A deadly day on the water off Key Largo after a visitor from Pennsylvania died while on a snorkeling trip.
Charles Leidigh of Mechanicsburg was with a group when the boat’s captain noticed he wasn’t moving in the water, according to Monroe County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Becky Herrin.
The boat’s first mate pulled Leidigh onto the boat and attempted to revive him.
All the other snorkelers on the trip, including Leidigh’s wife and grandson, were recalled to the boat and returned to shore.
Herrin says the boat was met by paramedics, who pronounced Leidigh dead. An autopsy is pending.
- Emotional Reunion Of Mother, Son Separated At The Border
- South Florida Kids Among Those Sick From Mystery Illness At Florida Summer Camp
- Second Night Of Protests Over Police Shooting Of Unarmed Teen
- Orlando’s Airport To Institute Face Scans For All International Flights
- No Timeline For Reuniting Children Taken At Border With Their Families