MIAMI (AP) — Prosecutors in Miami have dropped battery and disorderly conduct charges against St. Louis Rams linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar stemming from a fight outside a South Beach nightclub.
Dunbar attorney Howard Srebnick said Thursday that prosecutors told a judge that the case will not be pursued.
Dunbar and NBA free agent Donte Green were both charged following a July 20 altercation outside the Dream nightclub. The charges are still pending against Green. Dunbar had claimed he was only defending himself.
Dunbar, 29, was signed in 2008 as an undrafted free agent out of Boston College by the New Orleans Saints and has played for the Rams since 2012. The NFL suspended Dunbar four games in 2013 for violating its substance abuse policy.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- WWE Insiders Pick Survivor Series 2018
- Adam Archuleta: Have To Get Pressure With Four To Slow These Top Offenses
- Heat Snap Losing Streak With 120-107 Win Over Brooklyn
- Top Basketball Recruits Anthony Walker, Isaiah Wong Sign With Hurricanes
- Zoo Miami Coatimundi “Conan” Predicts Busch As Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Champion