MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A man was released from the hospital Monday after he was treated for a shark bite over the weekend.
The 26-year old man was in waist deep water Sunday off Lifeguard Tower 3, in the 1900 block of Ocean Drive on Hallandale Beach, when he felt some thing latch onto his foot.
The man was able to free himself and make it to shore. He was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood where his foot was treated for deep lacerations.
“He started waving his arms and walked out of the water himself. He told the lifeguard ‘I have been bitten’. And when the lifeguard looked they could see it was a shark bite and they called the lifeguard station,” said city spokesperson Peter Dobens.
There’s no word on what type of shark bit the man.
- Congressional Delegation Tours Homestead Facility Housing Migrant Children
- Chotto Matte’s Mouthwatering Nikkei Gyoza Featured In Exclusive Digital Bite
- Nikolas Cruz Told Student, ‘You Better Get Out Of Here’ Before School Shooting
- 2 Accused Of Robbing Store With Suspect’s 4-Year-Old Son Waiting In Getaway Car
- Trump Pushes Back Against Border Separation Uproar