MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Miami-Dade Police burned up drugs confiscated during investigations on Thursday.
The property and evidence section of the department handled the burning which took place around 7:30 a.m.
As CBS4’s Summer Knowles drove up to the department’s secret drug burning location in Broward County they were greeted by officers decked out in their green fatigues and carrying machine guns.
They were told a serious amount of security was needed for a serious amount of drugs.
Exactly 225 barrels of marijuana.
All of it was off loaded and eventually thrown on a conveyor belt and then into the incinerator.
The drugs are evidence from resolved narcotics investigations. It’s evidence now able to be destroyed.
As far as specifics on where they do it, how they do it and how often, that information is given on a need to know basis. That information is kept secret for security reasons.
Authorities said they are glad the public knows it’s being destroyed and that they are working at it but they don’t need the public to know where they do it among other security aspects of the drug burn.
- Democratic Candidates For Florida Governor Answer Questions At Public Forum In Hollywood
- Federal Judge Arrested In Miami-Dade
- Marjory Stoneman Douglas High Students View Start Of School Year As A New Beginning
- ‘Retired’ Miami Beach Lifeguard Stands Being Auctioned Off To Highest Bidder
- Solar Energy Becoming Increasingly Popular In Florida As Homeowners Save Money On Power Bill