DEERFIELD BEACH (CBSMiami) – Homes and businesses in a Deerfield Beach neighborhood were evacuated Tuesday afternoon for a brief period so the Broward Sheriff’s Office could check out a bomb threat.
Sheriff’s deputies and the Bomb Squad were sent to the 600 block of E. Hillsboro Boulevard after receiving reports that a man had placed a suspicious device in a car.
Deputies closed road traffic on East Hillsboro Boulevard from the 800 block to the 500 block. Just before 4 p.m., the all clear was given and the road was re-opened.
No device, suspicious or otherwise, was found in the vehicle.
- Florida Lawmaker To Tour ‘Tender Age’ Shelter For Immigrant Children In Cutler Bay
- Man Shot, As Many As 17 Times, In Drive-By Shooting In NW Miami-Dade
- Rally Held In Fort Lauderdale Against Trump Administration Family Separation Policy
- Parkland Students Hold ‘Road To Change’ Event In Miami Beach
- Police Name Suspect In Shooting Outside Miami Gardens Family Dollar