DEERFIELD BEACH (CBSMIAMI) — A man was rushed to hospital after being jolted by a nearby lightning strike in Deerfield Beach.
Broward Sheriff’s Deputies said a 34-year old man from Deerfield beach was sitting on a railing near a building when the lightning struck either the building or the railing.
It was so intense he was jolted and landed face down in a container.
When paramedics arrived he was alert but did sustain some burns on his back.
He was taken to the Broward Health Medical Center.
He is doing fine, according to officials.
They said they cannot stress enough the 30/30 rule which means if you hear thunder and 30 seconds later see lightning, seek shelter immediately.
- Miami-Dade Mayor Wants To Help Children Being Held In Homestead Facility
- BSO: Broward Teacher Downloaded, Shared Child Porn Images
- Three People Shot At Close Range In Miami Gardens Expected To Be OK
- Melania Trump Dons ‘I Really Don’t Care. Do U?’ Jacket Before Visiting Border Facilities
- Cold War Navy SEAL Tells Story Of Clandestine Op Which Nearly Defeated Che’ In The Congo