HIALEAH (CBSMiami) — Hialeah Police arrested a man accused of shooting his 80-year old sister-in-law at a Hialeah home on Friday morning.
Angel Dominguez, 78, allegedly shot and killed Hidelisa Echemendia.
Detectives said Echemendia was killed by a single gun-shot inside the home located at 229 W 45 Street.
Echemendia had been visting from Cuba and staying in the home with her sister Blesilda Dominguez, 87, and her husband Angel.
Blesilda Dominguez was also discovered dead inside the home.
Detectives have not determined what caused her death since she had no visible signs of trauma.
Officers responded to the home around 1:00 p.m. when a relative of the victims called for help.
Angel Dominguez stayed at the home and cooperated with police, according to officials.
The motive for the shooting is unknown. Family members told detectives they never saw the incident coming.
Police said an investigation is still underway pending the results of the Medical Examiners results for the victims.
Dominguez faces one charge of second degree murder.
- ‘They Are Not Letting Us In’ Nelson, Wasserman Schultz Denied Entry To Kid Migrant Shelter
- Trump Meets With House Republicans As Outrage Over Immigration Policy Grows
- Children Of Mom Found Dead In Dania Beach Canal Sent To Foster Care
- Runoff Election Tuesday To Fill Empty Miami-Dade Commission Seat
- Children’s Courthouse Evacuated After Possible Bomb Threat In Downtown Miami