MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Doral’s Police Chief Richard Blom was removed from office Tuesday after 17 months of command, sources said.
According to our news partners, El Nuevo Herald, Mayor Luigi Boria said he didn’t know the details of the alleged dismissal but heard rumors.
“I just heard that he wanted to resign,” Boria told the paper.
Counselors Betina Rodriguez and Sandra Ruiz-Aguilera confirmed on Tuesday to the paper, the new City Manager Edward Rojas had made the decision to dismiss Blom.
“I think it was a wrong decision,” Rodriguez-Aguilera told the paper. “The manager has his reasons, but I supported his appointment to demonstrate stability in the city.”
Blom has 38 years of experience in law enforcement.
A source told the paper, that Blom would have signed a confidentiality agreement so as not to disclose details of his departure and would get six weeks salary.
There is no word on the exact reason for the firing.
Click here to view the report.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. CBS4 news partner El Nuevo Herald contributed material for this report.)
- Miami-Dade Mayor Wants To Help Children Being Held In Homestead Facility
- Melania Trump Dons ‘I Really Don’t Care. Do U?’ Jacket Before Visiting Border Facilities
- Miami Beach Named Finalist For 2020 Democratic National Convention
- Supreme Court Ruling On Internet Sales Tax Could Be Major For Florida
- Mayor Suarez: “What Is There To Hide” After Being Denied Entry To Migrant Child Shelters