AVENTURA (CBSMiami) – A South Florida family has expressed anger and outrage at a local hospital after their loved one was killed by a fellow patient.
On June 26th, Alexander Jackson was admitted into Aventura Hospital and Medical Center, according to the police. He was placed in a room on the fourth floor. His roommate was Raul Alexander Rios.
Rios was last seen alive in the room around 2:45 p.m. When a housekeeper came into the room just after #:30 p.m. Rios was face down on the floor, he had been strangled with a bed sheet.
Jackson was found in a shower a short time later. A witness told police that Jackson had said he had done something wrong and he had killed somebody, according to his arrest report.
During questiong Jackson reportedly admitted to strangling Rios.
“We reported an incident to law enforcement and we are assisting in their investigation. We wish to express our heartfelt sympathies to the families of those involved,” according to a statement from the hospital.
On Facebook, a person claiming to be Rios brother wrote, “Aventura Hospital I hate you, the staff. You guys let my brother die!!!!!!!!”
They went on to say, “WHERE WAS THE NURSES!!!! WHERE WAS SECURITY!! DOCTORS!!!! ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Family and friends, please help me fight for my brother Raul Rios…….please…please pray for my family….”
Jackson has been charged with first degree murder and is being held without bond.
Watch Joan Murray’s report, click here.
- Congressional Delegation Tours Homestead Facility Housing Migrant Children
- Chotto Matte’s Mouthwatering Nikkei Gyoza Featured In Exclusive Digital Bite
- Nikolas Cruz Told Student, ‘You Better Get Out Of Here’ Before School Shooting
- 2 Accused Of Robbing Store With Suspect’s 4-Year-Old Son Waiting In Getaway Car
- Trump Pushes Back Against Border Separation Uproar