DANIA BEACH (CBSMiami) — Seventeen migrants are in custody after they were spotted by Broward Sheriff’s deputies on Sunday in Dania Beach.
According to Border Patrol officers, they received a call in the morning about migrants on the shore of Hillsboro Beach.
When Border Patrol officers arrived at the beach, they found 17 migrants which they believed were smuggled in since, according to officials, there were no rafts or vessels spotted near the area.
The migrants seemed to be in good health, according to officials. There were 15 migrants from Haiti, one from Ecuador, and one from Jamaica.
All seventeen migrants were placed in custody and taken to the Dania Beach Border Patrol Station where they will be interviews and processed for removal and sent back to their home countries.
- Nikolas Cruz Told Student, ‘You Better Get Out Of Here’ Before School Shooting
- 2 Accused Of Robbing Store With Suspect’s 4-Year-Old Son Waiting In Getaway Car
- CBS4 Gets Inside Look At Homestead Facility Housing Migrant Kids
- Miami Dolphins Surprise Underprivileged Kids At Their Practice Facility
- Former Middle School Teacher Facing Child Porn Charges Appears In Court