MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Police are investigating after a body was found in a Miami home Monday afternoon.
Police say a man was shot and killed at NE 8th Court and 85th Street just east of Biscayne Boulevard about 3:15 p.m.
Neighbors described hearing a gunshot.
“Boom, I thought it was getting ready to rain,” said Sam Lima. “I thought it was thundering, my dog started barking.”
According to investigators, they received a call from the victims roommate. It’s not clear whether the roommate was at home at the time of the shooting, or if he discovered his friend’s body afterwards.
“Devastated,” said neighbor Thelma Youngblood. “I feel so sorry for the person.”
Neighbors say the men who live in the home are musicians.
Family members said the victim is Louis Salgar, 31, a popular bar tender at Broken Shaker.
Police have not identified a motive for the murder and do not have any suspects in custody.
If you have any information you are asked to call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at (305) 471-TIPS.
Watch the report, click here.
- FWC Awards $250,000 To Research Lionfish Removal
- CBS4 Gets Inside Look At Homestead Facility Housing Migrant Kids
- South Florida Kids Among Those Sick From Mystery Illness At Florida Summer Camp
- Parkland Students To Kickoff Statewide ‘March For Our Lives’ Summer Tour
- Orlando’s Airport To Institute Face Scans For All International Flights